Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Buys 3/9-30/12

I'M BACK I'M BACK I'M BACK I'M BACK I'M BACK!!! :D
The crazy intense weeks of working are over, and I'm back with an awesome Friday Buys and HOLY GRACIOUS is it huge or WHAT?!

Ok, enough with the all caps.  I'm serious.

See what happens when I go away?  I soothe my withdrawals by buying a million and one books.  And I'm veeerrrry good at buying books that are good deals.  So I justify it even more. IT'S SO BAD.

:D

I'm so happy.

Okay, here goes!! :D


BOUGHT

Storm Glass by Maria V. Snyder (Glass #1) - $5
I really really enjoyed Snyder's book Touch of Power (read my review!) and have heard excellent things about this one!

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen - $5
My Sarah Stash is growing growing growing!  Perfect condition, cheap - how can I pass it down?! 

Along for the Ride by Sarah Dessen - $5
See!  Told ya!  I'm super excited to read these! :D

Tunnels by Gordon & Williams (Tunnels #1) - $.50
My sister's been begging me to read this forever and I've had her copy on my shelf for the longest time...now I have my own!  Yay!

The Children of Hurin by J. R. R. Tolkien - $5
I'm not the biggest Tolkien fan, but I do really enjoy his books (I've read LotR).  I've had my eye on this one for a while now.

The Lacemaker and the Princess by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley - $.50
I bought this more for my sister than for myself, but it's been on my TBR for so long that I feel I should at least give it a shot.  And it's about the French Revolution - I'll love it, right? ;)



Wither by Lauren DeStefano - $2
Yes, this copy is in mint condition.  I swear its pages are still warm from the press.  Mmmmhmmm and it was $2!!  What now!!

Kiss of Frost by Jennifer Estep - $3
Okay, okay, so I don't have Touch of Frost, but this was a steal, really.  I ordered the first from the library as soon as I got home so I can get to this one!

Goddess Test by Aimee Carter - $3
Another steal.  In really good condition.  I'm going to have to read this in the next month so I can get to the NetGalley I received of Goddess Interrupted.  (That's coming...)



Sword of the Rightful King by Jane Yolen - $.50
I really enjoyed Yolen's Queen's Own Fool, and I also enjoy Arthurian legends (even though I've never read one...) and so this should do nicely. :)

Fever 1793 by Laurie Halse Anderson - $.50
I've never read any Anderson yet.  Sad, huh?  I know.  So here it is, a book that's been recommended multiple times before.  I shall have to have to have to read it!

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - $2
I read about this book for school and thought it looked extreeeemely interesting.  And then I discovered it's being made into a movie with Leonardo DiCaprio and I thought, "I need to get my hands on the book ASAP!"

(Dracula was added in because I bought it...but I already had a copy...my plans for this copy is to make wrapping paper out of the pages!  The copy was $2.)


Russian Winter by Daphne Kalotay - $5
This has just been sitting and sitting and sitting at the paperback book exchange for a really really really long time.  So.  I had to fix that, right?  And look at how gorgeous that cover is!  And I love Russian history.  This is going to be a treat! :D

The Alchemyst by Michael Scott - $3
This is yet another book that I've wanted to read for, like, years, and haven't gotten around to it.  This should make me "get around to it", and soon.



The Bad Queen: Rules and Instructions for Marie Antoinette by Carolyn Meyer - $8
The only book I bought this month that was full price.  This was suuuuch a great book (read my review!) and I'm so excited for a re-read!

The Queen's Daughter by Susan Coventry - $7
I love Bargains on Amazon!! :D  Hardcover for less than half the price?  One of my favorite books?  Brand new?  Yes?  Please?!  (Read my review!)


THE STASH
(Minus the last two...)
For a total of $57.  That's kind of a record, right?  That's gotta be a record!



FOR MY NOOK
 Ok, Ok, I bought these, too, but I never buy ebooks.  So they go in a separate section.

Oppression by Jessica Therrien (Children of the Gods #1)- $.99
I bought this on Barnes & Noble when it was REALLY cheap.  But you can get it for only $2.99 for both Nook and Kindle!  And this cover - I mean, sheesh!  BEAUTIFUL!

Bourne by Lisa T. Bergren (River of Time #3.1) - #3
I love Lisa, and Lisa's books, and everything that entails.  So of course I bought this.  DUH.
(And I know you're madly in love with that portrayal of Greco.  Back off - he's mine!)

Hana by Lauren Oliver (Delirium #1.5) - $3
This book was so sad...  I'm not going to do a review on it because I don't normally review (or read, for that matter) short stories about trilogies/series.  It's weird for me...  But this one was good, and I mean, it's Lauren.  How can I NOT read it?



NETGALLEY

(Can I just say that I hate this cover with a freaking passion?  Ok. Glad that's out there.  But the book looks great!  Haha!)



(Now this cover.  THIS.  I LOVE.)






Yeah.  So, it was a lot.  But amusing, I'm sure.  Oh who am I kidding?  I know you're all asleep by now, exhausted by the amount of energy it took to climb that mountain...er, read that post.  ;)

But I'm back.  It's exciting!!! :D  I have lots of fun stuff in store...  Like that giveaway I promise, and other giveaways from AWESOME authors who I LOVE and canNOT wait to have on my blog, and looootsssss of reviews, and some new Compilation and VS posts... All coming soon!! :D

OH!  And I'm going to my first book signing soon.  YES!  MY VERY FIRST!  So...anyone have any advice?  Any stories about book signings you've been to?

Leave me some comment love!  I miss hearing from you all!!

Ahhh...so good to be back.

7 comments:

  1. You got some great books in there. I hope you enjoy them! Sarah Dessen is great and so is Maria V. Snyder's Storm Glass, although I liked her other stuff better. And Jennifer Estep, and...lol lots of good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see you back and so well furnished in books ^^.
    I went to a book signing last year for my birthday ( what a great opportunity to see patricia Briggs in Belgium) but it's not like in the us... in the US you can receive gifs, participate in tombola and often i saw that you can ask for several books to be signed... me there was nothing of that. 2 authors but we could only ask one signing ....so yes you had to choose ( my mother helped me for that)
     i can't wait to read your experience

    all the best

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY you're back!!!! :D  I missed you!

    I love your mailbox. Especially The Bad Queen! I really enjoyed that book. I want to read The Queen's Daughter, too. It's been on my TBR for so long and I even had the book in my hands once or twice. Hopefully I'll get around to it soon. Same with The Alchemyst.  I can't wait to read The Hunt!

    And Bourne!! I hope you love it :) 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, Siiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaa! <3 I can't believe I missed your grand and fantastic and beautiful return! I seriously missed you and your fun posts, so I'm kind of in the midst of dancing that everything has cooled down for your and you're back to blogging. And SO MANY AWESOME BOOKS too!! All those bargains... all that awesomeness... I don't know how you're going to manage to sleep! x)

    Im-poss-i-ble, that's what it is!

    Anyways, I hope that you love all of those crazy-awesome titles in your mailbox this week, Sierra, and I can't wait to read more of your posts soon! So happy that you're back! :') *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for commenting!! :D  I actually got to bed really late last night because I was all hyped up on BLOGGING and soooooooooo excited to be back!!!!  LOL thanks for the warm wishes...I'm so glad to be back "home"!  haha ;)  *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi miki!  Thank you for the comment!  I'm so excited for the signing...  Thank you for sharing your experience...bummer you had to choose!  But at least you got one signed, right?  (Man...i don't think I'd be able to choose! haha)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I MISSED YOU!!!!  I cherish every comment from you, and even just the knowledge that you're reading my posts makes me grin from ear to ear!!

    Oh, I know.  The Alchemyst is one of those books that's been on my TBR before I even knew what a TBR was...lol!!  I remember it was the one of the first I added to Goodreads when I got my account.  So crazy that a year and a half ago I didn't even know what Goodreads was... ;)

    The Hunt looks...interesting.  I'm not sure I'm totally excited for it yet, but we will see if I'm surprised into loving it! :)

    BOURNE! EEEEK!!!

    ReplyDelete